Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Dreams Come in Many Forms

This blog is not only intended for my purposes as an author.  I want to use it as a means to share cool ideas and special people, music and art, movies and books, and probably much more.  Anything that is particularly inspiring to me at the moment or in the long term.  In my last post I shared the background behind the theme of my book and how a specific song caught my attention.  This time I want to share a very special story about someone very close to me who has pursued her dreams and is now living them.  She never gave up, even though the goal was not easy, and for that - she inspires me.


We all have our own dreams and aspirations - personal goals we want to reach.  For my cousin, Mary Tackett, her dream was to become healthier and reach her goal weight without taking the easy route of surgery.  She has now lost 125 pounds and is still on a rampage.  The amazing thing about her weight loss is that she did all naturally, no diet pills or surgeries to help her along the way.  She just cut her portions and ate healthy foods.  Exercise was also a crucial factor in her weight loss.  She pushed herself like no one I've ever seen before, waking up at 4am every morning to work out before work and continuing with exercise after her workday by jogging in the evenings.  She deserves very ounce of love and achievement that she is experiencing right now and I am so happy and proud for her in this moment.  The best part is, she isn't stopping.  Even when she reaches her goal I know she will only continue to persevere and be the fireball of energy we've all come to know her as.


She is now a coach through Beachbody where she is helping others who are in the same place she was a year ago.  She gives them encouragement  sharing from her personal experience to help guide them along the way and show them as living proof that it is possible.  She's changing lives, and for that I admire her greatly because not many people can say that.  She inspires me to never give up on my dreams and I'm thankful that she has been one of the few and constant people there from the start supporting me in my writing endeavors.  We need more people like her in this world if you ask me.  Thank you Mary for being an inspiration for so many!

Check out her awesome work:  https://www.facebook.com/MaryTackettsFitness?hc_location=stream

Love, Alysia

No comments:

Post a Comment