Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Get Back to Writing!



After finishing the final version of The Raven Dreams, I was ecstatic and beyond joy that I had a finished book in my hands.  Something I had created purely from my own mind.  It was an empowering moment.

I was also relieved to allow myself a short break from the computer screen before delving into the next story.  But now, nearly four months later, I feel like I should be at least considering and jotting down notes for my next book.  I will admit, the task seems daunting and (being almost 4 months pregnant with another 3 year old running around) slightly exhausting.  Yet lately I've been feeling the absence of writing in my life.  Though I've tried to keep it alive through thoughtful and contemplative posts, I feel this is not enough.


I am making the commitment to start the draft for Part 2 of The Raven Dreams.  Even if it's only a few sentences or a new plot idea written down each day, that is better than nothing.  I think I will start to remember the awesome experience writing the first novel gave me and if I can just get passed that first hump, I will likely be on a roll.  I'm writing this all out here because it will make me more committed to keeping my word.  Even if not many people come to this blog at them moment, I know one or two of you will read this, and that is enough for me.  I'm giving my word and I won't go back on it.

Writing is my passion.  What I enjoy doing.  It's just a little harder some times, than others because things going on in life.  Things like work (the main time consumer), making time with the family (which is most important to me), and being physically and mentally tired at the end of the day.  But - no more excuses.  I can set aside at least 10 minutes a day, if nothing else, for writing.  Though my goal would be longer than that.  Anyhow, I'm done venting my personal thoughts about my writer's block.

Time to get to it!  I'm sure I will be sharing more struggles and triumphs of my writing process as time goes on too.  It just helps me, okay?  ;p

Alysia

No comments:

Post a Comment